THOROLD FIRE AND EMERGENCY SERVICES
The Fire Prevention division is committed to the prevention of fires and increased public safety through ongoing inspections and public education.To speak with a Fire Prevention Officer please call 905-227-6412, ext. 25 or email: email@example.com.
Fire Safety Inspections for any type of building can be made by contacting the Fire Prevention Officer. An appointment is required and fees vary depending on the type of inspection.
Family Escape Plan
Every household should have a family escape plan that provides instructions to every person in the home. Topics that should be covered include:
- knowing two ways out of the building;
- how to react to an emergency situation;
- how to identify the sound of the smoke alarm or building fire alarm system;
- where to meet outside the home to ensure everyone is accounted for; and
- where the nearest safe place is to call the fire department.
Learn Not To Burn and Station Tours
Your local schools have access to fire education programs for grades kindergarten through 8. These programs teach children life skills in the area of fire and life safety. We encourage you to contact your child's school and ask if the programs are being used. If not, please contact your local fire department for support in implementing these programs in your child's school.
Station tours can be arranged by contacting the Captain of Fire Prevention.